Before You Arrive
If you have signed up for a Functional Medicine or hormone visit, in order to save time, and save you money, it is extremely important that you fill out the patient intake questionnaires we put into your patient portal when you’re appointment is confirmed. Plan to take a few hours to thoroughly answer the questions and be sure to submit them at least 48 hours prior to your first appointment.
The answers you provide in your questionnaires help Hans know what to focus on in your appointment, and where to dig deeper to find the root cause of your issues and come up with a plan to help you get on the road to recovery. If you do not fill out your questionnaires before your appointment, you can do it at your appointment, but this will take up your visit time. If you need help or have questions, please call us before coming in and we will help you.
Your first visit with Hans will be around 90 minutes, but allow 2 hours. If you are coming into the office and plan to have a BEMER session, allow an additional 30 min.
Your First Functional Medicine Appointment
- You will have a complete physical exam if you come into the office
- We will review the questionnaires you filled out, discuss your complete health history, and current symptoms
- We’ll discuss therapies that you can begin immediately
- We’ll discuss options for testing and other diagnostic methods to help determine the direction for your journey
- You will leave with a plan for how you can start on the path to recovery
The next step is to decide if you would like to pay per visit, enroll in our Journey to Health package, or the subscription plan. Ask Hans at your first visit what he recommends about how many visits you will need to resolve your health issues.
Each visit will build on the next to help you achieve optimal wellness and keep you on track in your healing process.
Your Treatment Plan May Include:
- Nutritional and lifestyle optimization
- Bioidentical Hormones
- Detoxification therapies
- BEMER therapy (more info)
- Essential oils
- Oligoscan for heavy metals
- Qest 4 biofeedback analysis and frequency therapy
- In some cases, pharmaceuticals if needed